HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR REALITY WITH THE ULTIMATE MORNING RITUAL
Want to upgrade your emotions, rewire your brain, hack your day to optimise your productivity or make more impact?
People are always asking what my morning routine is, so here it is. The fundamental philosophy here that you need to understand is if;
"You can win your morning, you can win your day."
How you start your day sets the standards for how you approach everything else and will affect your emotional wellbeing and energy for the rest of the day.
By creating rituals throughout my day, particularly in the morning and evening, prepares me to live my life by design, and create consistent high performance across all areas of my life.
Rituals are all about turning success into a process, which when used consistently over time create powerful high performance habits.
Why I Manage the First Two Hours of My Day:
- Usually, the first part of your day is the most influential and critical time of the whole day. Set up your morning so you can win the day!
- This conversation is all about cultivating a holistic daily practice of self-love and prioritising the most important thing in your reality… You! You need to decide to make yourself your NUMBER ONE priority!
- Specifically, you need to prioritise deepening your connection, presence, conscious awareness, and your ability to master your internal reality so that you can master your external reality!
- Self-love and self-care are not selfish, they are what is necessary in order to fully honour yourself and be the greatest version of you. You need to take the oxygen mask for yourself first! By focusing on you first, you can be more, do more, have more, and give more to others.
I don’t always do all of these every day, but here are some ideas for you to consider adding to your day.
First Waking Thought (FWT).
- I am ALWAYS aware of my FWT. If my FWT is not loving, empowering and positive, I address it with an intention to change it.
- My FWT’s are usually things like:
- “I love you Chris”,
- “I’m so grateful for another day”,
- “I wouldn’t want to be anyone else, I’m so glad I’m me”
- “I’m so grateful I’ve been given another day!”
I turn off my phone.
- Your phone can be an amazing production tool or a toxic liability when it comes to distractions and can take your focus away from what truly matters. You need to ensure that your focus is directed towards your highest intentions not randomly be sucked into other people’s agendas through distraction.
- Make a golden rule that says you don’t check your phone for the first 2 hours of the day. Try this for a week and notice your whole reality change for the better.
I do incantations & mirror work.
- “Mirror work”, is a powerful process of looking at one’s self in the mirror in the eyes, that combines powerful self-love affirmations, cultivating deep connection with self and acknowledgement of our true authentic nature.
- I look into my eyes and recite a series of inspiring, love affirming incantations such as “I am infinite”, I am present here and now, I love you Chris” ten times repeatedly.
- Incantations are the big daddy of affirmations and takes your sense of identity to a whole new level. Incantations combine words with intense energy and emotion to expand your sense of identity and embrace a new way of being.
- I also read out my purpose statement and my vision statement as part of this process powerful incantations.
I make my bed.
- Making your bed is a success habit.
- Making your bed well teaches you how to do everything else well – that’s why it’s they enforce it as a habit in the army.
- This is sooooo good, when you come back to a nice organised space ready for sleep.
I drink lots of water.
- Water is important because most of us get so dehydrated after a whole night of sleeping.
- Drink at least 1L of filtered water in the first hour of the day.
- Wash your face with cold water as soon as your wake up.
- There are so many breathing techniques out there that have been used for thousands of years. I personally use the Wim Hof Method to activate my nervous system, improve blood circulation, reduces stress, as well as boost the immune system.
- This only take 15 minutes and will activate your nervous system in a powerful way.
- Breathe work just before a meditation is a powerful combination that unlocks a far deeper level of connection and you can get far greater benefits from your meditation by adding breathe work to it.
- I complete a 10 minute Soul Connection meditation. This is a proprietary process that I teach my 1:1 clients that I have developed from practicing meditation over the years that helps me strengthen my connection with my infinite self and access powerful insights, intuition and guidance.
- I meditate for 20 minutes in the morning and evening.
- Having a relaxed, clear mind to begin the day is vital to getting the most out of myself
- If you are new to meditation get started with the smartphone apps Calm or Headspace.
- I exercise for 30 mins every morning - it stimulates my body and gets my heart rate pumping.
- I also alternate between weights, yoga, running, swimming and calisthenics and use the app Freeletics.
I take a cold shower.
- It resets my nervous system and increases my alertness and energy.
- Now that I have gained the benefits from developing this habit I will never go back to hot showers because the cold feels so amazing!
I make a medicinal mushroom cacao tea.
- My favourite performance enhancing tea is a combination of medicinal mushrooms (I buy Mushrooms from Teelixir – They are a local Australian business, who are a certified organic, wild crafted mushroom supplier.
- I use a total of 2 teaspoons of any combination of the 4 Major Medicinal Mushrooms (from Teelixir) - Cordiceps, Reishi, Lions Mane, or Chaga, with a teaspoon of organic coconut oil (healthy fats), (or Brain Octane Oil - Bulletproof), a tablespoon of organic cacao powder, a dash of honey, plus 1 cup of hot water mixed up in a blender for 30 seconds.
- This delicious concoction of super foods is the ultimate brain boost that increases my focus throughout the day.
I take supplements + a plant based diet
- I stay conscious of EVERYTHING that goes in my body - I take my health very seriously.
- I have a plant based diet + take Vitamin B12 (Vegansafe), Bowel Restore, Activated Charcoal, Revive (Wholefood supplement), Megahydrate, Probiotics, and Medicinal Mushrooms.
- Your gut is your second brain and it has huge amount of nerve cells - look after them!
- To get started on Teelixir and grab a discount off your first order of life enhancing superfoods use the code: “chrisjackson” to claim a 10% discount.
- To get started on Superhealth.com.au on their supplements use the code: “cj10” to claim a 10% discount.
Essential oils are a life hack you MUST be using. Take advantage of the massive benefits that come from nature’s most potent and life enhancing elements.
I have multiple oil diffusers in my house - both in my bedroom and office!
Powerful oils give me the edge to master my life; everything from aiding digestion, improved sleeping, boosting energy and enhancing my immune system.
If you want to know all about oils contact my Auntie Polly Delany, order from her directly at dOTERRA Oils or join her Facebook page and she’ll give you every hack that has ever existed and easily get started on your journey to better health.
- After my major meditation I spend 20 minutes hand writing down all the things I need to be, do, have and give in the world and capture all that is going on in my world. I also refer back for insights and acknowledge my progress
- I then meditate for a further 5 mins afterwards and become aware of any concerns or important insights.
- Most geniuses – like Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and Leonardo Da Vinci – kept active journals.
- The PURPOSE: It creates a structure for becoming conscious of your unconscious patterns, programs, limitations and experiences - you then have awareness of where tou can improve your life.
- For 30 minutes every day.
- If you schedule your reading time, you can read about one book a week just by reading 30 minutes a day.
I do intermittent fasting.
- I have been experimenting with a range of diets and I recommend a full plant based diet. Don’t just take my word for it, do your own research, validate everything with science and experience. Most importantly trust what your body is telling you.
- I eat all my meals between 3pm and 7pm.
I plan my day.
- This is all about reverse engineering your life.
- I set a Daily Intention. What is the theme or focus for my day that I need to bring to get the best out of myself. E.g. To be compassionate, To be focussed on production. Or maybe you need to take it a bit easier and focus on self care. Trust your intuition.
- I create a To-DO list:
- I pick my Top 3 Goals to complete for the day.
- What 3 outcomes will help me move the needle the most towards my ideal life
- I create a To-FEEL list:
- States and emotions are the most important part of our experience.
- Don't leave it to chance for how you want to feel.
- I choose to feel loved, to feel excited, to feel connected, to feel grateful.
- I create a To-BE list:
- Who do I want to be today – a great partner? friend? coach? leader? mentor? human being?
- We’re not human doings. We’re not human beings.
- I start my day with my most difficult, and important task.
- Manage your time through managing your priorities.
- In the morning, I have the most energy so I take on the biggest thing on my list or I do the task I least want to do first!
I’m Chris Jackson. I’m here to teach you HOW to master your reality so that you can activate your extraordinary potential and be the expression of your authentic greatness! My life’s passion and mission is to help you awaken the greatest potential within you so you can be the most authentic expression and live your true purpose.
Watch my video on HOW TO DISCOVER YOUR REAL PURPOSE